Blueberry Coffee Cake Loaf
¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup packed, dark brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
¾ cup sour cream
¼ cup milk
½ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. Cream together butter, sugars, and salt. Add egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
3. Add the baking powder and soda and flour and stir until combined. Stir in the sour cream and milk.
4. Spread ½ the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with blueberries and cover with the remaining batter. Top with the chilled, crumbled streusel. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean(ish.) Enjoy!
½ cup flour
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup unsalted butter, chilled
1. Combine the flour, sugars, and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse sand. Refrigerate until chilled before crumbling atop cake batter.